State Tobacco Control Best Practices
This State Best Practices Document is an excerpt from MPOWERED: Best and Promising Practices for LGBT Tobacco Prevention and Control, a document created by LGBT HealthLink in 2012 as a response to the growing need for best practices knowledge on the state level.
It is strongly recommended that state or localities addressing wellness or tobacco control include each of the following strategies as part of their larger strategic plan.
- HIV Technical Assistance and Capacity Building
- LGBT Best and Promising Practices for Cancer
- Needs Assessment by State
- State Tobacco Smoking Report Cards
- State Tobacco Control Best Practices
- LGBT Smoking Infographic
- MPOWERED LGBT Tobacco Prevention Best Practices